A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Jan 16, 2008

Science Experiment

A few days ago Brianna decided to try the science experiment where you take some vinegar and add in baking soda to see if it "explodes".  I watched from the living room as Brianna and Andrew took a 2 liter  bottle out into the driveway.  They started out very conservatively with a tablespoon of each, but apparently they weren't happy with the effect. 

I watched as the kids went from the teaspoon to a healthy dash of each ingredient.  Eventually they poured all of the vinegar we had in the bottle (admittedly there wasn't a ton in the bottle I gave them) and started dumping the entire contents of the baking soda canister into the bottle.

It was at this point that I ran out there to ask them what they thought they would pour in with the baking soda once they had the bottle full.  It was hilarious because Brianna looked at me with a blank stare and I realized that she hadn't thought of that at all.  "I don't know." she said, "Add water?'