A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Jan 14, 2008

Cool Running

I'm on week 3 of the Cool Running beginning runner program.  I'm too embarrassed to type the name of the program here, but the bottom line is that I should be able to run 5k everyday at the end of about two months. 

Right now things are going pretty good - I'm getting my breath and my legs are getting used to the running.  The only minor irritation is that the ball of my right foot is a little bruised from breaking in a new pair of running shoes, but I just have to live with that for the moment.  It actually only hurts when I walk - not so much when I run. 

2 comments:

Aaron said...

You know, my first inclination upon reading this post was to wonder what anyone could really write on the topic of running. "Right foot...left foot...shin splints."

But the truth is, I've really let my body go to crap since declining to defend my UFC title and as of next month I need to get myself back into shape. I've always hated running, though, so perhaps I should keep an open mind toward this program - even if the title only reminds me of a Disney film about Jamaican bobsledders.

Let us know how it works for you.

./dave said...

Aaron, you crack me up... you know that they brought back American Gladiators over here, right? :)

I'll keep you posted!