A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Jan 29, 2008

Jogging Update

I'm now on week 5 of the Cool Running Couch to 5K program and I haven't missed a day of running yet so far in the program.  For the most part everything has gone fine.  My feet are no longer hurting me as bad as they had been, largely since I stopped wearing my black leather work shoes that don't have quite the support of my tennis shoes and brown loafers.  My toes have a bit of faint hurt left in them but for the most part I'm feeling a lot better.

This is the first week that I've found the program to be challenging.  On Monday I did intervals of 5 minutes running, 3 minutes walking.  Thursday will be 8 minutes running and 5 minutes walking and on Saturday I'll run two miles.  It will probably be the first time I've run two miles in my entire life, so that's pretty exciting.

One thing that's made the program significantly easier is a podcast that a guy from California made using magnatunes music.  Granted, this is not music that I would listen to on my own, but it's really convenient because there's a different podcast for each day of the program and the guy lets you know when to start running or when to begin walking.  It makes the run a whole lot easier.  Check it out at Robert Ullrey's website.