A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Feb 12, 2008

Science Experiment Take 2

First off, I have no status on the Trimet ticket machines at Yamhill station today.  The MAX was pulling up just as I got to the stop so I didn't have the chance to check.  Never fear, the next installment will come tomorrow. I know that I will inevitably hear from my critics that I am straying from my original commitment to post the status of the machines every day until they both work.  To those naysayer I say nay, that's right, nay right back at you.  Nay in your face.

Weekend before last the kids tried the volcano science experiment again, this time using the right kind and amount of vinegar and baking soda.  The kids had a lot of fun with it but the results were definitely mixed.  First off, it takes a TON of baking soda and vinegar to make this thing work.  Secondly, you kind of have to mix it up to get it to work, which caused us to need to take apart and rebuild the volcano a lot.  The kids had a lot of fun with the whole thing though and it's always neat to see them learning.