A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Apr 5, 2007

Chris' Birthday Party

Most of you already know that I'm pretty awesome. Last weekend, I think it was my awesomeness that caused my friend Chris to invite me to his birthday party. You see, birthdays carry with them a certain amount of awesome, just because they're your birthday. But they can also become a black hole of awesome if they suck, because nothing is worse than a crap birthday. As you can now appreciate, this is a very sensitive situation requiring planning and finesse.

In Chris' case, he overcame the awesome/crap issue by inviting me, knowing that I would bring my innate awesomeness with me to his party. In fact, he even had back-up awesome in case I couldn't come. Paul, Joey, Kristen, Eli and Josh were all there too. There were even some other people there, each with their own incremental amount of awesomeness.

It was a good thing too, because I missed the first part of Chris' birthday where he went to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Apparently it was awesome, but I didn't see it so I can't say firsthand. You may want to watch it yourself to find out.

The party then moved to Pietro's Pizza in Salem where Jen, Brianna, Andrew and I joined the festivities. I was absolutely shocked by the amount of awesomeness I discovered there.


Once I had time to get over the awesome-induced shock we had some pizza and chilled.

Chris got a bunch of cool presents, including like a billion gift cards to Borders and a ton of lottery tickets. I don't know if he won on any of them yet, though.


Pietro's has a video game thing, kind of like Chuckie Cheese but without the animatronics. Since all I do is chill I took my chill with me to help the kids play skeeball and stuff. Brianna got a few tickets doing the whack-a-mole game


Chris' daughter was also exhibiting quite a bit of awesomeness in the Game Land of Pietro's.


Being awesome is hard work and required some refueling on Kira's part. As you can see, all Kira does is chill, too.


We finished off the night by BOWLING! Brianna was a natural.


Paul was evil for a little while, but it was okay.


In the end, I'm glad I could contribute what awesome I have to Chris' birthday. I hope he brings his awesome to my birthday party later this year. Happy Birthday, Chris!