A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

May 21, 2008

Take this broken wing and learn to fly

OK - here's the deal...  After trying the "Just take 'er easy" method of treatment since I fell jogging a couple of weeks ago without great results I went ahead and headed in to the doctor's office yesterday to find out why my arm was still hurting me so bad.  A couple of x-rays later and I had my answer - it turns out that I broke my elbow.

So now I have a gigantic temporary cast on my arm that holds my thumb in place, meaning that on my right hand I have no opposable thumb.  I like to imagine that I'm like a bear.  ROWR.

All in all not a great start to the summer - definitely puts a cramp in my canoeing and maybe even camping.  But please bear with as my posts are a little shorter for the next few weeks.

I'll see if I can get a copy of the x-ray to post.  Wouldn't it be cool to see my innards?