A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Apr 28, 2008

I Do Canoe

I realized a couple of days ago that we bought a canoe in March and I didn't even post it up here on the blog.  It's awesome, an Old Town Discovery 169 that we got off of craigslist.  For those of you who don't know craigslist has a feature where you can search for an item and save that search so that anytime a posting appears that matches your criteria you can either get an email (semi-cool) or subscribe to it via RSS using your RSS aggregator, such as Google Reader (très cool).

Anyhow, I had done this for any posting saying "Old Town Canoe" and had been watching the ads for about six months now when I finally found the canoe of our dreams.  Here's how it looks new:

Except instead of being red ours is blue.  It fits all four of us and we've taken it out on the Columbia Slough a couple of times.  The Columbia Slough is extremely polluted and so we're looking to expand our horizons - please leave a comment if you know of any good places.  I've heard that Sauvie Island has some good flatwater, but I haven't been able to find more info online yet.

Anyhow, here is the canoe strapped precariously to the truck the day that Jen brought it home: