A semi-daily chronicle of my life as a musician, a family man, and a citizen of Oregon.

Feb 18, 2008

The Rabbit on the Moon

I went running this afternoon (2 and a half miles, by the way, a new personal best) and it was an absolutely gorgeous day.  Apparently there's a common weather phenomenon each January or February that warms us up briefly.  Today was what they say is the last day of that phenomenon so it was great to make the best of it.

As I was running back toward the house I noticed the moon bright in a blue sky.

moon

I started thinking about the rabbit in the moon.  When I was a very young kid I heard the story of the rabbit in the moon, which apparently is an East Asian legend.  The interesting thing is that I cannot look at the moon as an adult and see the man on the moon, which is what I think most people see.  When I look, here is what I see:

rabbitmoon